Originally designed in 1907 for a relative by architect G. Lawrence Stimson, the architect of Pasadena's Tournament of Roses House, this residence sits on a large parcel on an elevated corner lot, and is walled and gated in, giving it total privacy. Our clients asked us to leave 4 or 5 key rooms as they were, and then we remodeled all other rooms and added on a large amount of square footage, including enlarging the basement. The new rooms, including bedrooms, the kitchen, family room, breakfast room, movie room, bar, and more, are all designed with classical detailing to match the original house but with a slightly
Modern edge in the materiality, color, hardware, and fixture selections. Some of the grounds and lawns were re-laid out for better organization and to accommodate a sports court, and a sorely needed new cabana was built next to the original pool. As in all of our historic renovation projects, our goal was to make our new work seamlessly connect with, and match, the original house, with updated appliances, fixtures, hardware, and other details for this young growing family.
Renovations and Additions to a Historic G. Lawrence Stimson Estate in Pasadena